DIY – Halloween Costumes Easy to Make M&M Candies Costume for Dogs
DIY – Halloween Costumes for dogs may seem too complicated, but this simple M&M candy pillow is easy to make and costs less than pet store retail costumes. It is also safe for your pet as it does not obstruct their face or restrict their movement.
Remnants of bright-colored fabric in brown, red, green, yellow, or orange
Sewing machine, needle and thread to match the fabric color
(If you do not have a sewing machine or do not want to sew, use fusible web tape found at any craft or fabric store.)
1. Measure the length of your dog’s back for the candy pillow. Then cut a circle or oblong shape from the fabric. You will need two pieces, one for the top and one for the bottom.
2. On the top of the candy pillow, iron the letter M to look just like M&M candies.
3. Lay the top of the candy pillow, letter side down, on the bottom piece of the fabric. Sew around the pillow, leaving an opening near the top of the letter M. Invert the fabric.
4. Stuff the pillow with cotton batting.
5. Cut a strip of fabric double the width of your dog’s collar. Fold the fabric in half to form a loop. Place the open ends of the loop into the opening of the candy pillow and sew all pieces together.
6. Measure your dog’s belly. Use the measurement to cut a strip of fabric for the belly strap. On each end of the strap, attach the Velcro pieces. Press the Velcro together. Lay the strap across the bottom of the candy pillow. Hand stitch the strap to the pillow.
7. Put the costume on your dog! Slip his collar through the loop and buckle the collar around his neck. Wrap the belly strap around his belly and close with the Velcro. Your pup will be the most delicious pet in the Halloween parade.
If you have more than one dog, make different color candy pillows for each one so you have a full pack of candy!